So I've been off my feet since my foot surgery December 15th which means I've been out of the kitchen! It's been very strange for me not to be planning dinners and making lunches every day. Our menu has changed a bit - we've relied on yogurt, granola bars, jello, and microwavable costco tamales to get us through the day. But thanks to friends and family helping us out, we've managed to squeeze in many "real" meals and enjoyed every last bite. Here are some of the highlights!
- P.F. Changs leftovers the day after surgery. Unfortunately, these went straight into the barf bag, thanks to the anesthesia.
- My dad and Leslie came the weekend after surgery and made me a birthday dinner complete with steak, baked potato, and salad.
- Homemade chicken enchiladas by Maren and delivered by Michael! YUM!
- Homemade manicotti by Steve's friend Grahm.
- 7 pounds of bacon delivered to our door, compliments of Steve's friend Evan. Steve cooked bacon every day, twice a day for about two weeks.
- Seattle's World Famous Beecher Macaroni and Cheese delivered to our door from my mom. This stuff is heaven. Actually it's probably 7th heaven.
- My mom came for a few days and cooked us dinner every night. Steve was relieved! We had chicken marsala, pork tenderloin with cauliflower (oh how I love thee), salad, and homemade chili. She even made Steve breakfast sandwiches to take to work, and breakfast burritos as a farewell treat!
- Sprinkles cupcakes from Beverly Hills! A sweet treat we picked up after my last doctor's appointment. I had the marshmallow and black & white. My mom had lemon ginger and red velvet. Steve had peanut butter and chocolate with coconut topping.
Thank you to everyone who helped us EAT. We are so grateful! I think Steve is looking forward to my foot healing so that I can start cooking (and cleaning, and making coffee, and running the dishwasher!) again. He has really impressed me with his domestic skills and hasn't once complained of my constant request for another glass of milk.