Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
We made a reservation for a seafood place on the water in Morro Bay. When we arrived, the entire place was empty and the host informed us that the kitchen was closing down. WTF?! It was 8:00 on a Saturday night! We walked out and the host came running after us saying we could stay if we wanted to and the kitchen would wait. Wahoo! So, we had the entire restaurent to ourselves, with a view of festive boats, all lit up for Christmas. I got filet mignon (had to!) and enjoyed the meal by fireside.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Friday, December 05, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
For dessert, Steve's mom baked a homemade berry pie. I usually don't like pie, especially the crust (unless of course, the crust is made from crushed Oreos), but this crust was amazing. It tasted like cookies. So, the pie was incredible, and Steve and I were left with 3/4 of it for leftovers :)
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
- She always said that I should NEVER ride on a scooter because they are so dangerous and you won't be able to get out of the way quick enough. Every time I see someone riding one, I think of exactly that.
- Whenever my grandpa would say something silly or stupid, or if he was being stubborn she would say, "Oh, Roger!"
- In the summer, my brother and I would go visit her in Lake Havasu and she would always make us chocolate malts and stock the freezer with snickers ice cream bars.
- If we were visiting during St. Patrick's day, she would make green 7up and gave us cool green visors to wear.
- She taught me how to color and would always spend time coloring in Suzie Zoo coloring books with me. I thought she was the most talented colorer in the world.
- I saved one of her last letters to me because whenever I read it, it makes me feel good. It says, "Dear Jaime, the bad news is that I missed your phone call. The good news is that I've been able to listen to your message a number of times. You have a voice that brings a smile. I hope you will always give the gift of your sweet personality to those you love." I am so glad I kept her letters because then it seems like she is still here.
- Miss you!!!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
- OBAMA/BIDEN - WINNER!!!!!!!
- NO on Prop 8 - Yes, 52.1%
- NO on Prop 4 - No, 52.1%!!!!!!!!
- NO on Prop 2 - Yes, 63.1%
- YES on Prop 5 - No, 59.9%
- YES on Prop 10 - No, 59.7%
- Prevent crime and addiction with early intervention and drug treatment for youth;
- Provide rehab, not prison, for nonviolent drug offenders;
- Reduce prison overcrowding, saving $2.5 billion;
- Keep violent offenders in prison; and
- Free up billions for schools, health care, and highways
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
And disappeared with everything that you held dear
But you shed not a single tear
For the things that you didn’t need
‘cause you knew you were finally free
- The Employment Pages
- The New Year
- Your Heart is an Empty Room
- A Movie Script Ending
- Soul Meets Body
- We Laugh Indoors
- We Looked Like Giants
- I Will Follow You Into the Dark
- Crooked Teeth
- No Sunlight
- Grapevine Fires
- Your New Twin Sized Bed
- I Will Possess Your Heart
- The Sound of Settling
- Marching Bands of Manhattan
- Title and Registration
- Transatlanticism (absolutely transcending)
Monday, October 27, 2008
- Death Cab for Cutie concert TONIGHT!
- $500 bonus from work for being so cool
- Halloreunion in 4 days
- Brisk weather!
- Pretty pillows
- Gummy worms
- New clothes
- Giant maps
- People who can sew
- Foggy nights
- Tap shoes
- Cocoa Krispies
- Art projects
- Edit: Sex in a Cup (Thanks Helya!)
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Hippie Sacks Hawaii
Friday, October 17, 2008
This video captures a unique perspective of life underwater. If you're interested in color change in the biological world, this is the video for you! It is simply AMAZING! (Video ~5 minutes)
Note: The speaker talks about "bioluminescence, like fireflies" which is exactly what we use here at work for our products that give off light :)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Here are some ideas for the pictures. I need your help deciding which pictures are the best. Please practice your voting skills and vote for your top 6 choices in the comments:
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
But my brain knows better
It picks you up and turns you around.
Turns you around.
If you feel discouraged
When there’s a lack of color here
Please don’t worry, lover
It’s really bursting at the seams!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Other than that, we spent a lot of (glorious) time on the couch cuddling up with Bali's, Grey's, ANTM, and a few eps of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. HEAVEN! Absolute Heaven!
Thanks for coming Helya. It was the best weekend ever and I can't wait to see you again!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Yes, that's a potato.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I took a few videos of the show, but I have to get them from my mom's camera when I go back to Montana. Unfortunatly I used up the memory card and battery during my filmmaking and only had a chance to snap a few photos.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Work all week - should be interesting and tiring, but at least I will have evenings to myself. I'm planning on going shopping for a dress to wear to the wedding next weekend.
Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know that I made it safely! Adios!
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
I am still promising to post pictures but I am waiting until the rooms are decorated. John Mayer and Labor Day will probably happen while I'm in Madison - trust me - I haven't forgotten!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Monday morning I am flying to Wisconsin for work. I'll have internet access in my hotel room, so I will be keeping you updated then...maybe posting more condo pictures. I will be there until Friday, then Steve and I are going to Lake Tahoe to visit my dad for Labor Day weekend.
Time to go order a pizza and relax this aching back!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
- Both S and I are perfectionists. Each line has to be perfect, there can't be any missed spots larger than a pin head, no smudges allowed on the baseboards, and definitely touch-ups during the daylight since we only paint at night.
- These rooms are pretty big, so taping every inch of baseboard, ceiling, and window is a chore in and of itself.
- Not only are we painting, but we are cleaning up years of filth. Wiping every baseboard, door, doorframe, closet shelf, light fixture (there's bugs in them!!), window sills, blinds (I don't think they've EVER been dusted), etc.