Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
SO for those of you who can never talk to me anymore since I don't get very good cell phone reception at my house - we now have a land line with unlimited long distance. If you want the number, I'll give it to you. But, if you know me at all, you know I prefer email over phone calls anyday. Is email too impersonal? I dunno, but I bet those of you who email me and read this blog know more about me than those who strictly use the phone. Get with the times people!
(I've noticed a trend where if my contacts are really bugging my eyes, I get irritated about other things more easily. That is the case right now. ROAR eyeballs!!)
Monday, December 21, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I suggest below.
O-daiba --> Bay Area / Great night view / Nice restaurants / amusement park / good mood for honeymoon
Asa-kusa --> Traditional style Tokyo / Sen-so-ji (Temple) / Mon-Ja-Yaki (Local special food) should have it / Restaurants are not much clean but do not worry Japan is not same as China.
Ueno --> Many Museums / Zoo
Kabuki-Cho --> Most energetic night area in Asia. Very bright at night like Las Vegas. Please be careful to get into Bar or mysterious store, you will get unbelievable charge. And if you refuse that charge, you can see Japanese Mafia. You can try if you want. It calls Bo-tta-kuri. Becareful.
Rop-pongi--> many many many foreigners dancing all night. A lots of night clubs. You can find your friend, may be.
Aki-ha-bara--> The town for Electric store / Holy land of Man-ga (Japanese Comics) /Maid Caffe / You can see strange young Japanese people. (always wearing costume but not Halloween.)
West of Japan
Kyoto is oldest town in Japan. They have many (more than 100) temples and traditional style town. Some of them are world heritage.
Did that make you laugh too? Did it also make you really want to check out Japan? Me too! I can already tell this is going to be an insanely awesome vacation.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Anyway, I am also glad that I live in California because whenever I have to fill out any online forms, and it asks for my state, I don't have to scroll way down forever.
If you know me at all, you know I hate being cold!! Steve got me the coolest blanket that plugs into the cigarette lighter of the car and heats up! Now, when Steve is burning up with the heater blasting, he can turn it down and I'll be just fine! Best. Invention. Ever.
Monday, December 07, 2009
Saturday, December 05, 2009
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Initially, we wanted to keep it simple and go to Vancouver, Canada for a week. We've talked about visiting Vancouver before and know it would be an awesome vacation. But the more we thought about it, the more we realized that we should take advantage of this opportunity to go on a REAL holiday and GO BIG!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
- meet with Caterer and choose a menu
- block rooms for guests
- decide on a honeymoon destination
- finish invites
- meet with a florist
- much much more...I LOVE wedding planning!
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
A couple of weeks ago, my girls came to visit to partake in some wedding planning. We went cake tasting at Eclair Bakery in Arroyo Grande which turned out to be a BUST. I sent them a list of different cake and frosting flavors to try and they promised to have everything we wanted for the tasting. That morning, I got a call saying "as you know, there is no fresh fruit in season, so we couldn't make any cakes with fruit in them. We tried Trader Joes, but they didn't have any fruit. (WTF!?!?! There's ALWAYS fresh fruit in California) Oh and we ran out of lemoncello so we can't make the raspberry lemoncello that we offered. But, come on in and you can still taste some. But no one will be here to answer your questions, but have fun!" So we show up, and the cashier brings out three cupcakes - all chocolate cake, one with chocolate buttercream, one with vanilla buttercream, and one with raspberry buttercream. The cake was dense and dry and the frostings were yummy, but nothing special. Originally I had asked for ONE chocolate option as well as carrot cake, champagne cake, vanilla cake, a cream cheese frosting, some fresh fruit on some of them, etc..but we got jipped!!! It was the worst cake experience ever! And really, no one would ever expect cake tasting to go bad. DON'T USE ECLAIR BAKERY FOR YOUR WEDDING!!
Anyway, after that we went to look at See Canyon Fruit Ranch to show the girls the wedding location (even though I've just changed my mind and decided to have the wedding at Edna Valley Vineyard...that's another story). Then finally we got an ice cold bev at the Custom House in Avila Beach and relaxed!!
The girls tried on their bridesmaid's dresses and we added a lovely ivory sash to go with them, which really made the dresses shine. I am soo excited to see my girls all dolled up on my big day!! I tried on my dress for everyone with my J. Crew sash and it was a winner!! We are going to be BEAUTIFUL!
We went to Dell's Pizza for dinner and laughed over a bottle of wine, then ventured down to the Village to check out the wine bar. Cute place, but we missed the live music by 5 minutes!! :(
Sunday we went to the Bridal Faire and had a blast trying all of the food and cake samples (and champagne!!). I found a few florists I liked, and looks like we're going to go with Anacapa BBQ company for the caterer, and either Christine's Cakes or The Cakery. I am so glad my girls were able to come visit me and give me advice and make me feel special. Special thanks to my mom and Phil for breakfast at the Apple Farm!! Love you both!!!
P.S. We missed you Heather and Jillian!!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Monday, October 05, 2009
Thursday, October 01, 2009
- A squirrel chewed through some important wires (and pooped!) in my engine and my poor car was M.I.A. for a few days until Steve miraculously repaired it and it's as good as new.
- I am a Cal Poly student again - taking thermodynamics as a pre-req for the Environmental Engineering Masters program, which I HOPE to be applying for at some point. (Which also means when someone asks my favorite question, "do you go to Poly?!" I have to say YES. S&FS^S*S*!)
- We recently bought a John Deer Tractor (actually it's technically a riding lawn mower, but tractor sounds so much cooler). It's big, green, and shiny and has a cup holder for an ice cold bev!!! Now, if we can just figure out how to turn it on...
- I also bought myself a brand new food processor so I can pretend to be Ina Garden (is that her real name?!) from Barefoot Contessa. I REALLY want to go to one of her dinner parties.
- Getting my hair cut and colored next week! Like this:
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
- Engagement Shoot with Applemoon Photography!! - October 11
- Bridesmaid weekend - October 17, 18 (cake tasting!!!)
- Bridal Fair - October 18
- Thanksgiving in Idaho - November 26-29
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
- Let me shake up the champagne so that it really pops when I open it
- Bring a back-up bottle of champagne so we don't have to drink the now bubble-less bottle that I already popped
- Do the dishes
- Tell me it's time for ice cream and serve me a great big bowl
- Email me and tell me about your life
- Take me to Ikea
- Come over for dinner
- Take me to The Grove to eat the best sweet potato fries on earth
- Give me a back rub
- Dance with me
- Surprise me!
- Talk about your favorite music and what it means to you
Friday, September 11, 2009
- Respond to my email with a phone call
- Talk on your cell phone while ordering food, banking, checking out at the grocery store, etc.
- Wipe your nacho cheese Dorito fingers on my couch
- Blast the Air Conditioning
- If you are a complete stranger, ask to try on my engagement ring
- Use your left blinker signal, but actually turn right
- Wait 10 seconds before you start moving forward when the light turns green
- Heat up your leftover fish in the lunchroom at work
- Ask me if I go to "Poly"
- Ride your bike along Orcutt road
- Install carpet in your bathroom
- Say, "it is what it is"
- Bring goatheads into the house
- Talk to me about football