Happy Birthday to my brother Ryan who shared a birthday with my grandma Ladonna who would have been 69 years old today. I just want to take some time to remember a few things about my dearest grandma who passed away three years ago:
- She always said that I should NEVER ride on a scooter because they are so dangerous and you won't be able to get out of the way quick enough. Every time I see someone riding one, I think of exactly that.
- Whenever my grandpa would say something silly or stupid, or if he was being stubborn she would say, "Oh, Roger!"
- In the summer, my brother and I would go visit her in Lake Havasu and she would always make us chocolate malts and stock the freezer with snickers ice cream bars.
- If we were visiting during St. Patrick's day, she would make green 7up and gave us cool green visors to wear.
- She taught me how to color and would always spend time coloring in Suzie Zoo coloring books with me. I thought she was the most talented colorer in the world.
- I saved one of her last letters to me because whenever I read it, it makes me feel good. It says, "Dear Jaime, the bad news is that I missed your phone call. The good news is that I've been able to listen to your message a number of times. You have a voice that brings a smile. I hope you will always give the gift of your sweet personality to those you love." I am so glad I kept her letters because then it seems like she is still here.
- Miss you!!!!