Ernie Does Learning
We've been in our house for over 7 months and boy has the time whizzed by! It's really starting to feel like home now. We've made some small improvements and cozied up the place, but the amazing thing is how much we've learned over the past 7 months!
- When your water comes from a well, if the power goes out, so does your water because there's no way to pump the water to the house!!
- When you have a septic tank instead of being connected to the city sewer, you REALLY think about what you put down your toilets...
- Make sure when you order custom blinds, fill in the correct measurements because you cannot send them back!!!!!
- When you schedule time for a project, add 2 weeks to that.
- Just because something is old and funny looking doesn't mean it is garbage if it does the job. Money is better spent on replacing something that is actually broken - like a garage door with insulation!
- Fireplaces are not very efficient. Plus they make the entire house smell like camping. NT!
- Weeds grow quickly.
- Always wear safety glasses when cutting down trees and brush.
- Wear a dust mask when working in the attic.
- Weekends are now spent cleaning, doing yardwork, or hanging out at Home Depot - just because the house is time consuming, make sure you take a time-out for a little fun every now and then.
- A shiny new white toilet does wonders for your happiness.