- Celebrated New Years at a fancy hotel party in San Diego, and another night at the Top of the Hyatt.
- Joanna came to visit and we went wine tasting all over SLO and Paso Robles.
- Spent a week in Honolulu, Hawaii for Heather's 23rd birthday. True Paradise with a true friend.
- Ended a 1.5 year relationship with Tim.
- Tucked my broken heart into bed and cried and cried.
- Asked Stephen out for a drink (via email) - the greatest move I've ever made
- Spent a non-traditional Valentines day with Mark and Dobber at Marti's. (haven't been there since!)
- Stephen said he thought about me when he saw avocados on sale at Food-4-Less - he put one in my mailbox at work.
- Girls weekend getaway in VEGAS! Ate lots of crap, made boys fall in love, and wore the most uncomfortable and gorgeous shoes of all time. Vegas Cheetahs!
- Watched 200 episodes of LOST with Stephen. Lots of nervous laughter, awkward kissies, and butterflies.
- Long Beach vacation to see my Helya. Experienced Roscoe's fried chicken for the first time!!
- Going "steady"
- Walked 9 miles in the Big Sur Marathon with my Aunt Cathy.
- Had a baby animal party at the cottage with Surprise visit from Helya and a rickshaw ride home!
- Celebrated Easter with "Ducky" at the Elfin Forest.
- Interviewed and hired into a new position at work (S's idea!!) - more cash, private office, no lab work, much better!
- My mom, brother, and grandpa came to visit for the weekend. I think we'll make it an annual tradition!
- Weekend getaway with Stephen to celebrate my new career! We drove up highway 1, stayed the night in San Simeon and Monterey. We watched Kareoke, fed candy to the squirrels and birds, and had a lovely Cinco de Mayo at a mexican restaurant next to the ocean in Monterey.
- Drove to Mission Viejo to visit Joanna and meet all of her southern friends.
- Took Amtrak up to Palo Alto to meet up with Stephen after his week long class for work. We went swimming, out to dinner, and Pizza-my-heart!
- Spent the 4th of July on a blanket at a quiet park, snuggled up next to my prince. No fireworks this year, but I felt sparks.
- Helya came to visit! We went wine tasting, concert in the plaza, happy hour, pedicures. It was just what I needed!
- Quaint dinner party with Rachel and Scott!
- Motorbike rides to Avila Barn! (Goaty goat goat!)
- My family left Vacaville and moved to Bozeman, Montana. Weird!
- Stephen and I went to Chicago for the Lollapolooza music festival. Best. Vacation. Ever. Perfect hotel location, most amazing pizza of all time, beautiful city-scape, nice and happy people, late-nite bars, Walgreens, the "L", sangria, more pizza, a surprise necklace!! Let's not forget the music! Words can't express how wonderful this vacation was.
- Flew to Hawaii for a class for work. I stayed withe Heather and Ryan and managed to enjoy the Hawaiian beaches and warm water.
- Celebrated Stephen's 34th birthday. I ordered him a pizza pie from Chicago! Yes, STRAIGHT from Chicago (shipped on the belly of a plane).
- I flew to Bozeman, Montana to visit the fam for Labor Day weekend. It was such a cool town, with lots of character and plenty to see and do. We drove to Yellowstone National park in an hour, and my mom and I hiked up a mountain until we could no longer walk.
- Camping in Big Sur with my mountain man! I finally got to use the tent my dad got me for graduation. Unfortunately there were no camp-fires allowed, so we cooked dinner by flashlight, and went to bed early. We followed a bobcat on the trail to the beach, and spent a whole hour staring into the ocean. Oh, romance!
- I finally joined a gym! Not only was it time to start preventing my skin from getting flabby, but I needed a hobby! Kennedy offers dance and fun aerobics classes. It's money well spent.
- Made a spontaneous drive to Anaheim to see Blonde Redhead (Steve's favorite band) at the House of Blues. It was a glorious show!
- Annual Halloreunion with Cub, Pup, and Roo. We carved pumpkins, went out for drinks, and ate yummy pumpkin cake. I love baby animal parties!
- Work trip to LA. First time I ever stayed in a hotel by myself. For a week! GOSH I'm brave! Went to Hollywood with my friend Chris and experienced a little bit of rich and famous lifestyle....and I must say...love it but cannot live it! Helya came to visit one night too. Lucky me!
- Thanksgiving was spent housesitting for my ex-bosses mansion and 4 doggies. I cooked a miniature Thanksgiving dinner for S and I. We were living large for four days.
- So You Think You Can Dance show with Rachel in San Jose. The Cubden was very warm and welcoming - thanks for the best spagetti dinner EVER! and fun drunkenness at the pub. Woot!
- I turned 25! Steve took me out to Dorn's in Morro Bay for a romantic dinner. I felt so special! I finally feel like an adult. I'm starting to get this whole "real world" thing. I have a reliable car, a cute cottage, a dreamy boyfriend, an incredible career, no financial problems, and the best family and friends a girl could ever ask for. I realize I am very lucky, and I owe it to good karma or something...thanks to whoever/whatever is making my life go the way it is going..(knock on wood).
- 10 days off work for the Holidays! Steve and I went on a road trip all over Northern California and into Nevada. We stayed with his parents in Mountain Ranch for three nights, and I met all of his family! They were incredibly sweet and made me feel very welcome and loved. We also went to visit my dad and brother in Gardnerville. Steve got to see where I grew up and met more of my family for the first time. Then we drove to Danville to see my mom and aunt and her family. My cousins, Charisma and Serene, are the most well behaved, lovable, little ma'ams I have ever met. These girls make me want to have babies NOW.