Hi ya'll! I have to say that although my August and September happiness updates went down the drain, my life is simply blissful. I have not made time to blog, obviously, but that's because I've been super busy doing other fun things like traveling, entertaining company, going to dinner parties, hanging out with my Leadership buds, and working harder than ever.
August and September - Pursue a Passion
- Make time to blog eh - new design! That counts, right?!
- Learn more about photography I gave in and bought a new lens for my Canon SLR...but shame on me, I've only used it ONCE. Literally, one snap of the shutter. Boo. Seriously regretting not bringing it to NYC!
- More DIY - gifts, food I DIYed my own blouse alteration!! YAY!
- Learn a new cooking method Not cooking per say, but I learned a new freezing method from Steve's mom for our gajillion peppers. Our pepper plants are prolific. We have four pepper plants and I lost count as to how many peppers grew. Probably like 200. Not kidding. So, now my freezer is FULL of chopped up sweet peppers, ready at a moment's notice.
- Canning! I suck because I am too scared to can. I read some awesome recipes from my canning book, and the thought of NOT sanitizing enough really made me nervous. So, instead of canning my tomatoes, I blanched, peeled, stewed, and cooked them into a yummy marinara and transferred to baggies to freeze. Close to canning, right?! :-/
All I think about when I think of October is NEW YORK CITY!!! For the past 18 years, I have been dreaming, planning, saving, yearning for NYC and I finally got there...with some of my favorite people of all time. October is one for the record books and I can't wait to tell you all about it!!!
October - Pay Attention
- Enjoy the moment
- Slow down
- Remember names